Whether the case is for wrongful death or catastrophic injuries, Ken starts his preparation for trial from the first time he speaks with his clients, using his 30 plus years of experience to secure vital evidence. In addition to having a thorough knowledge of the law and the rules of court, obtaining a reasonable financial recovery for clients who have been injured due to negligence often requires a thorough understanding of a wide range of other disciplines, including medicine, engineering, psychology, pharmacology, mechanics, economics, human factors, art and technology.
Ken prepared himself for trial work by taking a broad, liberal arts curriculum in college and graduating with honors from Lake Forest College in 1982. Thereafter, Ken received an excellent legal education at Yeshiva University’s Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in New York City. Ken is a licensed private pilot and is a certified SCUBA diver. After law school, Ken, a native Floridian born in Miami, returned home and began his practice as the 7thattorney at what is now, one of the largest law firms in Florida- Greenspoon Marder LLP., where Ken remained for 27 years on good terms, Ken left that firm and pursued a smaller practice devoted exclusively to personal injury cases and accepting the representation of people injured from automobile collisions to medical malpractice. Ken now presides over his own Firm – Sobel Legal.
Amongst Ken’s litigation successes:
- The cemetery desecration case against Menorah Gardens- a class action which resolved for One Hundred Million Dollars the morning of the first day of trial.
- A burning airliner evacuation case where his client was severely injured when he fell off of the wing of a jet which caught fire while it taxied.
- A multimillion-dollar pre-trail resolution of a Suriname Air passenger plane crash.
- An injunction forcing a hospital to provide novel, lifesaving treatment for a child suffering from a traumatic brain injury after a near drowning.
- A courthouse steps settlement for the wrongful death of a sixteen-year-old who was illegally rented a jet ski.
- A multi-million-dollar judgment against the government which caused a recreational biker to become a paraplegic.
- A pre-arbitration settlement of a claim against a hospital which allowed an unqualified doctor to practice at its facility.
- The settlement of a medical malpractice claim where the failure to diagnose a spinal injury led to a patient’s paralysis.
- He is rated AV® Preeminent ™ by Martindale-Hubbell.
- He’s also been named a Top Attorney in Florida by Florida Super Lawyers (2008-present) where he is distinguished in its Medical Malpractice listing.
- He has also been honored as a Top Lawyer by the South Florida Legal Guide (2006-present) and was also selected by his peers to be included in the Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation.
- Ken has sat on the editorial board of the national publication, Medical Malpractice Law and Strategy, chaired the Medical Malpractice Committee of the Florida Justice Association on whose board of directors Ken served for 7 years.
- Ken has also served a three-year term on the Florida Bar’s Judicial Administration and Qualifications Committee.
For over 30 years, Ken has approached his practice of law with a passion for serving the interests of those who have been injured. Ken takes a personal interest in every case he accepts, from automobile collisions to medical malpractice, product liability and aviation disasters. Ken can be reached at his office at Sobel Legal at 954-526-7007 .
Ft. Lauderdale Address:
300 SE 2nd St Suite 600,
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Coral Springs Address:
2836 North University Drive,
Coral Springs, FL 33065
© 2018 - 2020 Sobel Legal
Managed by: Chriss David & Associates
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship.